Many parents need help, friendship, advice or support during those early years when children are young. There is no rulebook for raising a family and sometimes it can seem overwhelming, particularly if your family is going through difficult times.
As a parent you might ask for Home-Start’s help for all sorts of reasons, including:
- Feeling isolated in your community, have no family nearby or struggling to make friends
- Finding it hard to cope because of your own or your child’s health problems
- Suffering with depression or anxiety
- Struggling with the demands of having twins, triplets or multiple children under 5
- Needing help to access appointments
- No confidence in your ability as a parent
Help is at hand. We support any family who needs us, as long as they have at least one child under five and live in Manchester.
After asking for our support you will meet with one of our Coordinators who will organise your support and carefully match you with one of our volunteers. One of our volunteers, who will have parenting experience, will visit you in your own home for a couple of hours a week and give you both emotional and practical help.
If you would like to refer yourself to Home-Start Manchester then please complete this form and email to email@example.com OR alternatively make a telephone referral by contacting the office on 0161 721 4493 and we can go through the form over the phone.
Waiting list times – due to our limited capacity (both in staff and volunteers) and ever increasing demand we operate a waiting list system. Families will be prioritised based on the length of time they have waited and the availability of an appropriate volunteer or staff member to meet their needs.